Due to the evolving novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, our operations have changed. We’re committed to our customers’ safety and health, and we’re more than happy to comply with local, state, and national guidelines. While we understand these changes may represent an interruption to our services and products, we’re committed to doing our part in limiting the spread. As a result, we will be altering our operations.
As new information becomes available, our team will adjust our operational expectations and keep you up-to-date on this site. Feel free to contact us with any questions. We’re keeping those personally impacted by COVID-19 in our thoughts.
According to the CDC, there is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 spreads through properly-maintained pool water. The CDC also believes that chlorine deactivates the virus. Read more here. Splash has always adhered to the CDC guidelines on pool chemistry and maintenance for the safety of our staff and students, and we closely monitor our water throughout the day. For additional safety and health of our pools, we also have UV-C water treatment systems at both schools.
- Different class sizes to meet your needs, including private, semi-private and small group
- Sneeze guards at the front desk
- Face coverings on staff
- Sanitizing and disinfecting high-touch areas throughout the day
- Sanitizing and disinfecting lesson equipment after use
- Hand sanitizer throughout the schools
- Screening staff prior to entry
- Fewer people onsite
- Play panels and magazine racks have been removed
- Limited access to other areas in the facility beyond the pool
- Parent drop-off/pick-up at the doors, when appropriate
- Swimmers arriving/leaving in their suits
- Limited staff at the front desk
- Face coverings on all visitors over the age of 2
- Stay home if you have a fever, cough, or other COVID-19 symptoms, or if you were recently exposed (within 14 days) to someone with COVID-19.
- Wear a face covering when entering the schools (applies to everyone over 2 years old).
- Use the hand sanitizer available throughout the schools.
- Speak with a manager about any questions or concerns regarding the safety protocols.
While our office and deck staff will be wearing masks, the CDC recommends that instructors do not wear masks in the water. Face coverings are also not required per the health order for our students in their lessons. That said, we will be requiring our instructors to wear face shields when working with their swimmers in the pool. We also screen each employee before their shift with a COVID questionnaire, as well as take their temperature at entry.
Current masking guidelines state that everyone over the age of two must wear a mask inside the swim school, unless they are in the pool.
Our HVAC system in the pool at both our schools will continue to bring in 100% outside air. We will also prop open doors when we can, safety and weather-depending.